During the design of an industrial kitchen, factors such as the use of space or considering the needs of the enterprise are important. The machines that the industrial kitchen will have vary according to the institution.
Today, when professionals in the HORECA sector are confronted with designing an industrial kitchen, they should ask themselves the following question: How do I best use this space to make it as efficient as possible? In order to achieve maximum efficiency from an industrial kitchen by giving priority to this element, there are certain elements to be considered:
1. Analyzing the possibility and needs of the business: it is important that the kitchen has a beautiful design to achieve maximum benefit. With this study, which devices will be installed, how to evaluate the different areas, where the areas of access will be, where the extensions and connections will pass are determined.
2. Making the best use of the existing space: After analyzing the possibilities and needs of the enterprise, the dimensions and capacities of the machines to be used depending on the design type of the enterprise should be decided.
3. Considering the right distribution: it is very important to establish a distribution that simplifies the organization and workflow by limiting the parts and regions that will form the kitchen: reception, warehouse and partitions, preparations, cooking, distribution and presentation, washing, storing pots and plates.
4. Equip the kitchen with suitable machines: The criteria of an installation differ considerably from one another to the operation. In a restaurant with many different dishes cooked every day, elements such as open fire, grill, mixed ovens or cookers are indispensable. On the other hand, in the case of an industrial kitchen with a large production focus, large capacity pots, frying pans and large ovens should be considered as well as washers with a belt system for continuous washing.
5. Select the appropriate materials in each case: stainless steel is the best material for perfection. Its durability and quality ensure a long lifetime of products in every working environment for many years, which is important for professionals considering the significant investment made in such organizations. In addition, stainless steel offers optimal hygiene, health, cleaning conditions and a wide range of possibilities. It should also be considered that other materials such as brass (in the burner), molten iron (grills and plates), chromed steel (roasting grills) can be used in different fields of use.
6. Select a design for the components: A professional design allows easier hygiene and maintenance of parts, making it easier to remove and replace parts in the event of a malfunction that does not stop the work process and does not delay routine operations.
7. Improve hygiene and cleanliness: Hygiene is very important in any food business, but has a special leading role in the field of industrial kitchens. In addition to cleaning up food residues and contamination in front of the employee's eye, residues that are not seen in the kitchen, such as dirt accumulated in buttons, exit areas, gutters and voids, should also be cleaned.
8. Select the appropriate technology: if possible, tasks should be performed in a computerized environment, making it easier for professional people to schedule and accelerate most of their daily work. Thanks to the HACCP system installed in the machines, the use of electronic programs in mixed ovens or agitators can also determine the duration of the opening and closing systems or take the tasks in the restaurant to the computer for service, increasing the efficiency of the work and making the work more efficient.